Saturday, October 17, 2015

"Class" vs. "Money"

I think any house can exhibit both "class" and "money". Obviously class and money are subjective, but I think that it's easier to display money than it is class. I like houses that display class a lot more than money.


I think this house in Pittsburgh shows a lot of class. I'm really biased towards the neighborhood, Squirrel Hill, because I lived there for a bit. I love Spanish style homes, and it's not something you see in Pittsburgh a lot. 

It's an expensive house, listed at $985,000, so in a sense it does show money, but it's gorgeous inside and out. It's not overly showy and the landscaping is beautiful. 



I love the hardwood floors, muted colors of the walls and use of floor rugs. 

The house below shows "money", but I don't think that exudes "class". It's trying to be something that it isn't. It's in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, not London. Some would say it's classy, but I think it's over the top. Not a fan. 

Lion statues out front, ugly wallpaper, a baby grand piano and a lot of statues. It's just gaudy to me. This is in Squirrel Hill as well, and as I type this I realize that I ran by this place like four times a week for three years. Crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment